Equi-Tape® is the first kinesiology tape designed specifically for the equine. It is an elastic cotton 2-way stretch tape technology containing advanced adhesive
properties for ease of application, removal and placement longevity. Developed by Dr. Beverly Gordon in the early part of 2005, Dr. Gordon has since vastly
im- proved the use of Equi-Tape®. Additional further development of the Equi-Taping® Methodology, Dr. Gordon has refined taping methods for conditions affecting
the equine athlete for use in both training and conditioning as well as in rehabilitation and clinical recovery.
WHAT YOU CAN GAIN FROM USING EQUI-TAPE
Which for purposes here, is defined as “any use of your horse for any reason whether it be for pleasure, preparation for competition, or competition itself,” Equi-Tape® produces added comfort for your horse and provides you the satisfaction of knowing that you have taken a meaningful step in ensuring comfort, lessening the risk of injury and allowing for faster post-workout recovery benefits.
Which for purposes here, is defined as “a condition that affects a muscle, a ligament, a joint, a tendon, or tissue, that exhibits all or in part, any of the following; swelling, inflammation, soreness to touch, stiffness, or lack of complete or ex- pected motion.” The lifting decompression principle behind Equi-Taping® involves an increase in activity under the skin, improved blood flow, and impacted pain receptors with the end objective to shorten standard recovery time
OVERALL BENEFITS OF EQUI-TAPING®:
There are many benefits to using Equi-Tape®. The applications can help in part to;
- Increase oxygen supply and circulation to an area. This helps;
- reduce fatigue
- aid in shortening the healing time
- decrease recovery time
- decrease inflammation, swelling and the associated pain
- Decrease toxin and metabolism by-product build-up to help muscles and joints work more efficiently.
- Support joints, tendons and ligaments.
- Assist joint and muscle movement encouraging full range of motion making it advantageous for use in training programs.
SOME OF THE METHODOLOGIES BEHIND EQUI-TAPING®:
Methodology refers to the methods of applying Equi-Tape® that take into consideration the desired goals or outcomes you are attempting to achieve. These tapings or application methods consist of specific techniques that help achieve the desired objective. Here are some for your early review;
- Muscle Relaxation Tapings – Insertion to Origin
- Muscle Assist Tapings – Origin to Insertion
- Joint/Tendon/Ligament Tapings – Moderate to Moderate/Full Stretch
- Circulation Tapings – Fan / Basket Weave
- Fascia Release Tapings – Stretch & Release
- Localized Decompression / Spot Tapings – Center Recoil
- Advanced Tapings – Acupuncture, Sensory, biomechanical, etc