Equine Chiropractic care is a treatment that focuses primarily on restoring the spinal column’s normal movement and function to promote healthy neurologic activity, which in turn supports effective musculoskeletal function and overall health. A Chiropractor can detect abnormal motion of the individual vertebra and its effects on the surrounding tissues.
Reduced mobility between two vertebral bodies can irritate the nerves exiting the spinal cord, leading to decreased nerve supply to the tissues. This altered nerve function causes problems such as pain, abnormal posture, uncoordinated movement, overloading of leg joints, and muscle changes.
- Improvement in performance and athletic abilities
- Improved muscle function and neurologic reflexes
- Alignment of the equine body
- Triggers a healing response
- Restores normal joint movement
- Reduces pain
- Increases muscle tone
- Increased psychomotor skills