EQUINE LASER THERAPY
LASER is the acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation The treatment-lasers used are referred to as Low Level Laser, LLLT. Laser therapy has a number of different uses, the main use is to heal and speed up recovery time in all tissue injuries. The light from the laser provides energy to damaged cells. LLLT works predominatelyon a protein in mitochondira (cytochrome c oxidase) to increase ATP and reduce oxidative stress. A cascade of mitochondrial and intracellular downstream effects lead to improved tissue repair and reduced inflammation.
- Improved healing time and quality of tissue repair in wounds or soft-tissue injuries
- Relieving inflammation (pain, heat, swelling/ edema, redness)
- Trigger point/ myofascial and muscle pain relief
- Acupuncture adjunct or in appropriate cases, substitution
- Calming effect
- Improved athletic performance
- Easing back pain
- Assisting sinus drainage
- Increasing the immune response by activating lymphocytes (immune cells).
PERFORMANCE CENTER MANAGER
Swedish certified Equine sports massage therapist and Equine laser therapist. Dedicated to provide best possible solution for horse and owner at all times.
Equestrian since a young age, with a background of managing stable of Polo horses as well as working with Quarter horses, competing in western reining, trail and pleasure.
‘’Growing up, my mother always pointed out the importance of massaging and stretching my horses which later became my passion and profession. To this day, I am mesmerized by the beauty and strength of these athletes. Every horse and case is individual and should be treated as such’’